Command line

Feb 25 at 9:38 AM
Hi,

I am trying to use the ILMerge-GUI tool as part of a .bat file I have created to build and merge several assemblies. I have created the .ilproj file and make a call to the tool like so:

ILMergeGuiPortable.exe /Merge <ilproj>

When this executes, rather than performing the merge, it launches the GUI tool. Furthermore, the assemblies list is empty (even though they are defined in the ilproj file), which means the Merge button is disabled. To complete the process, I need to manually re-add the assemblies in the GUI so I can click Merge.

Am I calling the command line command incorrectly? I am hoping to automate the process, but the way it is working at the moment, may mean I'll have to go down the ILMerge utility level itself.

Thanks for your help.

Nick.
Developer
Feb 25 at 1:38 PM
Hi

The feature seems to be broken completely. Even /? does not work.

I will look into it asap.

regards
wvdvegt
Developer
Apr 28 at 11:29 AM
Hi

Sorry for the delay, I've tested the command line and it seems to work for me even in the portable version.

I however noticed that there was no warning if the specified *.ilproj file was not found, so I added a popup message if that
happens and re-uploaded the portable version (the click-once installer version is so hard to find and start from the
command-line I did not update it yet).

regards
wvdvegt